Monday, May 10, 2010

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."
Proverbs 13:12

I found myself totally distracted today. My mind drifts so quickly to thinking about the future... wondering what God has in store... trying to plan it out... overjoyed at how God has blessed my life with an amazing, godly man. I'm not sure my feet are firmly connected to the ground. And those feelings and the JOY is WONDERFUL!

But, as he reminded me today in an email... we have to be careful to guard our hearts and minds... we still have a distance to go.

I told him tonight that for a long time the first part of this verse stood out to me... my hope was deferred. But later this evening I realized how much the second part of the verse is standing out to me... I think I'm experiencing the tree of life in a longing fulfilled. Amazing.

Once again, I need to open my hands (so easily I tighten them around my plans and dreams) and turn it ALL over to the Lord. His plan is perfect... it's not easy, it's sometime painful... but, it's perfect.


No comments: