Thursday, June 27, 2013

...A longing fulfilled is a tree of life!

A deep heart longing was fulfilled on Saturday, June 8, when the professor referenced in previous posts became my husband!  What joy to look back on the journey and see God's hand so clearly leading both of us.  At times in the journey, it wasn't so clear, yet He faithfully carried us and there is no doubt that His plan was and is perfect.

So, the story... On Saturday, March 30 (the day before Easter) we made plans to get together for some time in the afternoon and then to go to dinner with some friends.  He told me that he had a little adventure for me, but I really didn't think anything of it except to be excited that he had something planned.  For too long I have gotten ideas in my head and allowed hope to rise, only to be let down when the ideas in my head didn't materialize.  The Lord has been teaching me through that (and through wise counsel) to live in and enjoy the moments rather than putting hopes in ideas and dreams that were just that - dreams.  So, I purposefully decided to enjoy whatever he had planned for this adventure and not think about what it could be.

When I arrived at his house he was finishing some laundry and the TV was on.  We had decided a day or so before to just watch TV rather than a movie.  He was very calm and collected - no sign of what was to come in just a few hours.  After some time relaxing, chatting and watching TV, he asked if I was ready for an adventure and told me he had planned a little Easter egg hunt.  I still didn't think anything of it. First I had to find my Easter basket and then find 12 eggs hidden around the house, each with a verbal clue.  After finding the 12th, he told me there was one more... the clue was, "Chopin, Mozart and Rachmaninov all had this is common."  The answer was the piano, and there was a large box there.  He was sitting on the couch and asked me to bring it over.  I opened it to find a large Faberge-like egg.  He asked me to open it while he held the bottom, and when I did there was a ring in the bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was in shock!  I had hoped that he would propose sometime soon, but truly did not expect it to happen on that day!!!  My first words were, "Is this for real?!?!?"  To which he replied, "May I place this ring on your finger?"  He told me that I was God's gift to him, that he loved me and wanted to know if I would do him to honor of being his wife.  Here is where the story gets muddled... I am sure I said yes right away and kissed him, but he says I just kissed him. :)  Either way, I think he knew my answer!  For the next few minutes we just sat on the couch in silence punctuated with me saying, "For real? This really just happened?!?" And he just sat there with a silly grin on his face.  :)  After some time, we went and met our friends for dinner, which was all part of his plan for the day - time celebrating with friends!!

Wow! That was one of the most amazing days of my life, but it just keeps getting better!  After 10 weeks and much planning, and we had the most beautiful and blessed wedding ceremony and reception.  We promised ourselves to each other until death parts us, and we had grace as the theme of our ceremony.  An absolutely life-changing and unbelievably blessed day!

Then we went on our honeymoon - a surprise planned by him - to Cape May.  Those days were even more amazing than our wedding day... And each day following has been incredible!  God had blessed us with each other - gifts that neither of us deserve.  The Holy Spirit is leading us and we look forward to what God is going to do in and through our marriage.  We desire that our love for each other will shine and show the world an example of His love!

He is faithful and He can be trusted!

No comments: